Etisalat services win awards
Dubai, December 1, 2010
Etisalat was shortlisted for a number of categories, and received two awards for “Overall Operator of the Year” and “ISP of the Year” at the fifth Annual CommsMEA Awards ceremony.
The CommsMEA Awards recognize operators, vendors, regulators and individuals who have made signification contributions to the telecommunications sector in the Middle East – a fast growing segment in the region.
In addition, the Middle East’s leading telecommunications provider was also shortlisted for the “Telecoms technology investment of the year”, “Middle East operator of the year” and “Fixed Line Operator of the year” categories.
Additionally, Etisalat Misr received the “Best African Operator” award for its leadership in the Egyptian market, while Mobily snapped up the “Middle East Operator of the Year” category for its significant impact on telecommunications in the Saudi Arabian market.
This year’s winners were selected by an independent panel of judges comprising of telecom professionals, industry leaders and global management consultants.
“We are proud to receive these prestigious awards,” said Ahmed Bin Ali, GSVP, Etisalat. “It demonstrates Etisalat’s ongoing efforts to extend people’s reach by offering timely, effective communications solutions through the implementation of latest technologies to our customers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet