Etisalat services win awards
Dubai, December 1, 2010
Etisalat was shortlisted for a number of categories, and received two awards for “Overall Operator of the Year” and “ISP of the Year” at the fifth Annual CommsMEA Awards ceremony.
The CommsMEA Awards recognize operators, vendors, regulators and individuals who have made signification contributions to the telecommunications sector in the Middle East – a fast growing segment in the region.
In addition, the Middle East’s leading telecommunications provider was also shortlisted for the “Telecoms technology investment of the year”, “Middle East operator of the year” and “Fixed Line Operator of the year” categories.
Additionally, Etisalat Misr received the “Best African Operator” award for its leadership in the Egyptian market, while Mobily snapped up the “Middle East Operator of the Year” category for its significant impact on telecommunications in the Saudi Arabian market.
This year’s winners were selected by an independent panel of judges comprising of telecom professionals, industry leaders and global management consultants.
“We are proud to receive these prestigious awards,” said Ahmed Bin Ali, GSVP, Etisalat. “It demonstrates Etisalat’s ongoing efforts to extend people’s reach by offering timely, effective communications solutions through the implementation of latest technologies to our customers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads