Agility yet to receive offer for Korek stake
Kuwait, December 9, 2010
Kuwaiti Logistics firm Agility has not received an official offer from France Telecom for its stake in Iraq's Korek Telecom, but welcomes any, its chairman said in published remarks on Thursday.
"Exiting is possible if the company receives a suitable price level that results in good revenue," Tarek Sultan told Kuwaiti daily newspaper Al-Watan.
France Telecom's head Stephane Richard said that its board planned to meet on Wednesday to discuss buying a minority stake in the Iraqi firm, but said no decision had been taken yet.
Reuters reported on Monday that the board of France Telecom was planning to meet on Wednesday to weigh taking a stake in Korek.
Korek, Iraq's third-largest mobile phone operator, obtained its national wireless licence in 2007 and has roughly 3 million customers.
Based in Iraq's Kurdish-run north, Korek competes with larger rivals Zain and AsiaCell, which is partly owned by Qatar Telecommunications. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc
- Vodafone hit with $343m lawsuit in Greece
- Google removes privacy feature from mobile software
- Etisalat asks banks to wait for loan fees