SanDisk offers Web security on new USB
Dubai, January 19, 2011
SanDisk Corporation, the global leader in flash memory cards, is offering encryption and online backup features across its entire retail USB portfolio.
SanDisk SecureAccess software protects files against unauthorized access by creating an encrypted, password-protected folder or ‘vault’ on the USB drive. The software also includes up to 2 gigabytes (GB) of secure online backup storage offered by Dmailer.
“With the UAE being a global business hub, it is among the most vulnerable countries in the GCC to malicious attacks, hence data security has become an absolute necessity,” said Tareq Husseini, SanDisk’s MEA sales director.
“The SanDisk USB drives with SecureAccess software offer an easy to use vault protected by AES encryption,” he added.
SanDisk is also expanding its USB product portfolio with two new drives to meet the needs of a broad set of customers.
The SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive features faster transfer rates and the SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive offers easy portability, a statement said.
The SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive features faster transfer speeds of up to 15 megabytes per second and large storage capacities that help consumers manage libraries of multimedia content.
The drive carries a five-year limited warranty and comes in 8GB to 32GB capacities. The SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB flash drive features a compact slider design for easy portability. The drive carries a two-year limited warranty and is available in 2GB to 16GB capacities. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence
- Batelco names SMS challenge winners