Toshiba showcases ‘everyday’ laptops
Kuwait, January 31, 2011
Toshiba Gulf Computer is showcasing its latest 'everyday' computing laptops at an ongoing IT exhibition in Kuwait.
Toshiba is taking part at Info Connect, an exhibition of regional and international manufacturers, suppliers, vendors and developers of IT-related products and services, which opened yesterday (January 30) and will run until February 5 at the Kuwait International Fair Ground.
Through its distributor Arabian Business Machines Kuwait (ABM), Toshiba is exhibiting its latest consumer laptop models from its netbooks, Satellite and Qosmio ranges, alongside its Tecra and Portégé models for business needs, in addition to Satellite C660, mini NB500 and mini NB520.
“Toshiba presents its new and innovative line of latest consumer laptops that offers adequate computing performance and features a range of functionalities designed to meet every user’s demand at the Info Connect event,” said Lester Govias, country manager for Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and Jordan, Computer Systems Division, Toshiba Gulf.
The Satellite C660 is ideal for users looking for a machine to handle their everyday computing needs such as e-mailing, web-browsing, and basic multimedia entertainment in an affordable package, he added.
Toshiba’s latest netbooks, the mini NB500 and the mini NB520, are aimed at users who want a slim netbook with enhanced sound features. The mini NB520 is the world’s first netbook with embedded premium speakers from Harman/Kardon, a statement said.
“This is an excellent venue to reinforce our market presence in the region. Through Info Connect, Toshiba demonstrates its continuous effort to introduce pioneering products and services that benefits our customers,” added Govias.
“ABM and Toshiba aim to provide high-quality products and services to our valuable customers. ABM intends to strengthen Toshiba’s position in Kuwait and we want to take advantage of Info Connect to generate new sales channels and expand our market reach,” stated Rabih Aboul-Hosn, CIS / marketing manager of Arabian Business Machines.
Toshiba also presents its trendy hard disk drive models of STOR.E ART2 and 3 series, STOR.E Steel and STOR.E ALU2 series at Info Connect, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network