Mobily deploys Gemalto's bio-sourced SIM
Amsterdam, February 10, 2011
Gemalto, the world leader in digital security, announced that Mobily, the leading mobile operator in Saudi Arabia, has started deploying its bio-sourced SIM, made with renewable material and easily recyclable.
This represents the world’s first commercial deployment of its kind.
The Gemalto product is fully compliant with telecommunications standards and its card body is certified 100 per cent compostable, two features that make it unique in the market. The innovation answers a major challenge: reducing environmental impact while providing high-standard technical properties.
The new card enables Mobily to convey their visual identity by displaying their branding with colours and graphics of the highest quality level, while keeping their logistics and warehouse processes unchanged.
“Our goal is to contribute to the ecological friendly community, while enjoying the same usage experience,” Samer Aldameri, vice president, Products & Services, Mobily.
“We also wanted simplicity and convenience in terms of brand exposure and logistics. Gemalto’s bio-sourced SIM perfectly matches all of our needs.”
“Mobily is always at the forefront of innovation and Gemalto is proud to support them in deploying yet another breakthrough new to the world product,” added Philippe Vallée, executive vice president, Gemalto.
“Going forward, Gemalto will continue to work closely with Mobily to rollout innovations that help them differentiate themselves in the market.”-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project