OT, Mobinil launch Mobile Baby Service in Egypt
Barcelona, Spain, February 15, 2011
Orascom Telecom and Mobinil have launched the Mobile Baby service, to bring mobile Dicom sonar images for remote diagnostics of pregnant women in Egypt.
The service enables healthcare providers in clinics to transfer patients' ultrasound images wirelessly to family members and referring physicians for expert advice.
Mobile Baby is initially launched in Cairo Scan, one of Egypt's major clinics, with plans to expand the service availability to clinics and hospitals across other parts of the country, including rural regions.
Mobile Baby enables medical practitioners to send ultrasound images, video clips and 3D scans to and from referring physicians for remote medical diagnostics. The application works directly from ultrasound machines, with images delivered to any mobile phone via SMS, MMS and email.
'Currently, the patient to doctor ratio in Egypt is 1 to 1,900. This disparity makes it challenging for healthcare providers to meet the healthcare needs in Egypt's rural regions, particularly pregnant women requiring pre-natal care. Mobile Baby is the first such service to be deployed in Egypt,' stated Khaled Bichara, group chief executive officer, Orascom Telecom.
'With mobile health services as part of Mobinil's strategic direction in 2012, Mobile Baby is just the start,' added Hassan Kabbani, chief executive officer of Mobinil.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion