Wipro completes 10 years of ME operations
Bangalore, February 22, 2011
India-based Wipro, a leading provider of IT and business transformation services, recently completed 10 years of operations in the Middle East.
Wipro began operations in UAE and Saudi Arabia in 2001 and today has a presence spread across Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar, Al Khobar, Riyadh, Jeddah and Bahrain, a statement said.
The company, which has over 1300 employees servicing the region and 100 plus customers, has two near shore development centres in the region at Dubai and Egypt.
In Saudi Arabia, the largest market in the region, the company has a joint venture called Wipro Arabia Limited (WAL) between Wipro and Dal Al Riyadh for servicing clients in Saudi Arabia.
“Middle East has proved to be the growth engine for Wipro among emerging markets,” said Anand Sankaran, senior vice president and business head, India, Middle East and Africa, Wipro.
“In the last three years, the Middle East region has grown 100 per cent in terms of revenues, and we expect the momentum to continue. We are looking at expanding our presence further in the region, as we see fresh opportunities coming up in Kuwait and Qatar.”
The region is seeing investments in infrastructure, banking, telecom and oil and gas. The government sector is also propelling growth with investments in education and healthcare, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi