Etisalat renames directory services unit
Dubai, March 7, 2011
Etisalat Directory Services, which maintains the UAE consumers’ directory listing database, and a subsidiary of Etisalat Services Holding, has been renamed to Etisalat Information Services.
The identity change was motivated by a new strategy to widen the scope of the business unit, said Ali Al Sharid, CEO, Etisalat Services Holding.
“We believe the newly-renamed Etisalat Information Services will reflect to our customers the widened scope of our products offering. With it will come new challenges as well as new business opportunities,” he added.
Rashid Alnaqbi, general manager of Etisalat Information Services, said: “Our main business focus has been on the production of information from raw data, coming from clients’ listings and databases from Etisalat. We will continue with this strategy in 2011 but widen our initial scope. The results of this strategic shift will be noticed later this year.”
The company will continue to provide its wide portfolio of services which include: Printed White Pages and Yellow Pages, iPhone Yellow Pages application and Internet Yellow Pages. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project