Yahsat’s 1st satellite all set for launch
Kourou, French Guiana, March 29, 2011
Al Yah Satellite Communications Company's (Yahsat) first satellite Y1A has been loaded on the Araine 5 launch vehicle in preparation for launch on March 30 French Guiana time (March 31 Abu Dhabi time).
Yahsat is fully owned by Mubadala, an investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Over the next two days, the vehicle will go through a series of functional tests and launch rehearsals before the rocket is armed and moved in position for launch.
Due to the highly technical nature of the launch, further delays are a possibility. This is something Arianespace and Yahsat have prepared for and incorporated into their overall plan for launch, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon