EMC boosts its Emea executive team
Dubai, April 13, 2011
EMC Corporation has promoted two of its senior management executives to head its Europe, the Middle East and Africa (Emea) team.
Adrian McDonald has been promoted to the position of president, Emea-North, and Christian Hiller has been promoted to the position of president, Emea-South. Both individuals will report directly to Bill Scannell, EMC’s executive vice president of the Americas and Emea geographies.
Emea North comprises the United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Europe, and Eastern Europe; and Emea South comprises France, Germany, Italy, Iberia, the eastern Mediterranean countries, and the Middle East and Africa.
“We expect much of our future growth to come from international markets and the Emea region will play a significant role in this expansion. With Adrian and Christian leading the effort, I am confident that we have the right leadership team in place to help customers of all sizes transform their IT operations and drive business agility through cloud computing and Big Data,” stated Bill Scannell.
Adrian McDonald was formally the managing director of UK and Ireland and Christian Hiller was the managing director of France. They will be replacing Rainer Erlat, who has become chairman of EMC International, after eight years leading the Emea geography within EMC.
Christian was previously the président of Sun Microsystems France. Born in China in 1957, Austrian-born son of a diplomat, he holds a doctorate in International Law (Paris V) and speaks five foreign languages.
Since joining EMC in 1988, Adrian has held a variety of domestic, international and global positions at EMC.
Adrian holds a BA Honours degree in History and Politics from Warwick University and is an alumni of Columbia Business School.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network