Batelco wins big at Dubai advertising event
Manama, April 18, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, won a number of awards at the recent Dubai Lynx International Advertising Festival for its innovative advertising campaigns of 2010.
Batelco claimed one Grand Prix, one Gold, 11 Silver and several Bronze awards at the event.
The Dubai Lynx International Advertising Festival, which is part of Cannes international advertising festival, is a yearly event to award creative excellence in advertising and related fields in the Mena region.
This year, Dubai Lynx received more than 2000 entries from the region including telecom operators and major international corporations.
“For the first time in Bahrain’s and Batelco’s history, we have been awarded with not only one Grand Prix prize but additionally, one gold, 11 silver and many bronze prizes for our 2010 advertising campaigns,” said Batelco chief executive Bahrain Rashid Abdulla.
Batelco’s general manager Consumer Division Muna Alhashemi said that it was a great honour to be present at the awards ceremony to collect such an amazing selection of accolades on behalf of Batelco.
She also noted FP7’s major contribution to Batelco’s success saying that the creativity of their team demonstrated the high quality of advertising standards available in Bahrain.
“This success gives Batelco a big boost and validates all our hard work. It also spurs us on to continue with our efforts with the aspiration to bring further success for Batelco in 2011,” she said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal