Apple upgrades iMac with new processors
New York, May 3, 2011
Apple refreshed its lineup of iMac desktop computers with new Intel Corp processors that is says are up to 70 percent faster.
The new iMac line will also include new Thunderbolt ports that were introduced earlier this year in its MacBook Pro laptop line. Thunderbolt is an input/output technology that supports displays and devices.
Thunderbolt ports are similar to USB ports but about 20 times faster, according to Apple.
Apple said on Tuesday that the new iMac, which has quad-core Intel processors, is on sale online at in its retail stores starting at $1,199. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio