Kaspersky anti-virus tops in AV tests
Dubai, May 8, 2011
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, said its anti-virus solution, has received top marks in on-demand testing carried out by AV-Comparatives.
The experts at AV-Comparatives tested the solutions of twenty different developers on computers running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, said a statement from Kaspersky Lab.
Using a collection of sample malware and other files, each product was tested to determine its malware detection rate, the number of false positives it produced and its scanning speed.
The malware collection used was made up of files created within the last 6 months, the statement said.
“We have carried out extensive work to optimize our products and we are happy to see this reflected in the excellent results from AV-Comparatives’ test,” said Nikita Shvetsov, head of Kaspersky Lab’s anti-malware research unit.
“Nevertheless, we recommend focusing on tests which simulate the situations on users’ computers during a malware attack, such as ‘Zero-day’, ‘Real-World’ or ‘Dynamic’ tests,' Nikita added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year