Kaspersky anti-virus tops in AV tests
Dubai, May 8, 2011
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, said its anti-virus solution, has received top marks in on-demand testing carried out by AV-Comparatives.
The experts at AV-Comparatives tested the solutions of twenty different developers on computers running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, said a statement from Kaspersky Lab.
Using a collection of sample malware and other files, each product was tested to determine its malware detection rate, the number of false positives it produced and its scanning speed.
The malware collection used was made up of files created within the last 6 months, the statement said.
“We have carried out extensive work to optimize our products and we are happy to see this reflected in the excellent results from AV-Comparatives’ test,” said Nikita Shvetsov, head of Kaspersky Lab’s anti-malware research unit.
“Nevertheless, we recommend focusing on tests which simulate the situations on users’ computers during a malware attack, such as ‘Zero-day’, ‘Real-World’ or ‘Dynamic’ tests,' Nikita added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat