Motorola unit wins networking award
Dubai, May 9, 2011
Motorola Solutions, a leading provider of telecom products and services, was named Wireless Vendor of the Year as part of the second annual Network Middle East Awards held recently in Dubai.
The accolade recognizes Motorola Solutions’ WiNG 5 wireless LAN (WLAN), ease of deployment and 802.11n portfolio, a statement said.
Specializing in distributed WLANs, Motorola has done a number of implementations in the region, consisting of networks that span hundreds of access points (APs), it added.
Deployments in the retail, education and hospitality sectors can be particularly challenging due to the large number of APs in remote sites, with some customers running into 1000+ sites across a dozen countries in the region.
Managing the deployment and upkeep of all these sites from a central location can be quite a challenge, a task that the WiNG 5 WLAN architecture makes easy, according to the statement.
A key differentiator with Motorola’s WiNG 5 solutions is the intelligence built into the APs. APs can behave as local bridges and switch packets locally to avoid clogging up the WAN links in the case of a distributed network, said Nader Baghdadi, regional sales manager, Motorola Solutions.
“The Middle East market is spearheading the use of wireless technologies, and Motorola is working with leading companies to provide world-class innovation and solutions. Being recognized as Wireless Vendor of the Year for 2011 as part of the Network World Middle East Awards further cements our position as an innovative leader in the market,” Baghdadi added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network