Top speakers for Doha ICT event
Doha, May 9, 2011
Some of the best known ICT practitioners and motivational speakers will share their ideas at a major upcoming conference and exhibition in Doha.
Qitcom 2011 will be held at the Doha Exhibition Centre from May 24 to 26.
Joining the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology (ictQATAR), Dr. Hessa Al-Jaber, as speaker during the three day event will be Guy Kawasaki, former chief evangelist of Apple and co-founder of Alltop.com.
Kawasaki is the author of 10 books including Enchantment and The Art of the Start, as well as a venture capitalist and motivational speaker.
Other speakers in the programme include:
• Dr Raj Reddy, Mozah Bint Nasser University Professor of computer Science and Robotics, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
• Mohammed Al-Ghanim, Director General, Telecom Regulatory Authority, UAE
• Gabrielle Gauthey, Senior Vice President Public Affairs, Alcatel-Lucent
• Karim Sabbagh, Senior Partner, Booz & Company
• Fiona O’Carroll, Executive Vice President, Innovation and New Ventures
• Phill Jenkins, Chairman of the Planning Committee, United State Access Board
• Mohamad Mourad, Regional Manager Gulf, Google
Organised by IFP Qatar in partnership with ictQATAR, the conference programme, which will run concurrently with the exhibition, and will tackle a mix of ICT themes related to Qatar and the region under the themes of 'Innovate, Connect, Transform'.
“This line-up of speakers at Qitcom 2011 includes some of the biggest names in the ICT industry,” said George Ayache, general manager of IFP Qatar.
“To be able to attract this caliber of speakers to Qatar shows the growing prominence the country is gaining on the ICT stage.”
“Qitcom is poised to become the leading platform for information and communication technology industry in Qatar and the region,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award