Top speakers for Doha ICT event
Doha, May 9, 2011
Some of the best known ICT practitioners and motivational speakers will share their ideas at a major upcoming conference and exhibition in Doha.
Qitcom 2011 will be held at the Doha Exhibition Centre from May 24 to 26.
Joining the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology (ictQATAR), Dr. Hessa Al-Jaber, as speaker during the three day event will be Guy Kawasaki, former chief evangelist of Apple and co-founder of Alltop.com.
Kawasaki is the author of 10 books including Enchantment and The Art of the Start, as well as a venture capitalist and motivational speaker.
Other speakers in the programme include:
• Dr Raj Reddy, Mozah Bint Nasser University Professor of computer Science and Robotics, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
• Mohammed Al-Ghanim, Director General, Telecom Regulatory Authority, UAE
• Gabrielle Gauthey, Senior Vice President Public Affairs, Alcatel-Lucent
• Karim Sabbagh, Senior Partner, Booz & Company
• Fiona O’Carroll, Executive Vice President, Innovation and New Ventures
• Phill Jenkins, Chairman of the Planning Committee, United State Access Board
• Mohamad Mourad, Regional Manager Gulf, Google
Organised by IFP Qatar in partnership with ictQATAR, the conference programme, which will run concurrently with the exhibition, and will tackle a mix of ICT themes related to Qatar and the region under the themes of 'Innovate, Connect, Transform'.
“This line-up of speakers at Qitcom 2011 includes some of the biggest names in the ICT industry,” said George Ayache, general manager of IFP Qatar.
“To be able to attract this caliber of speakers to Qatar shows the growing prominence the country is gaining on the ICT stage.”
“Qitcom is poised to become the leading platform for information and communication technology industry in Qatar and the region,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services