Kingston launches ‘fastest’ Flash drive
Dubai, May 18, 2011
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company., the independent world leader in memory products, has launched its fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive.
The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2, Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
It features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, with a read speed of 100MB per second, and a write speed of 70 MB per second, a statement said. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB per second.
It is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” says Antoine Harb, business development manager MEA, Kingston Technology.
“The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash drive is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss