Info2Cell, Myriad to offer social networking
Dubai, May 18, 2011
Info2cell.com, a leading mobile service provider, has partnered with Myriad Group, a global leader in mobile technology, to power new mobile social networking services across the Mena region.
The deal is aimed at serving over 40 operators and 160 million subscribers, a statement said.
Info2cell.com will leverage Myriad’s portfolio of mobile social networking services, such as the recently launched Myriad Updates, a first-of-its-kind text-based mobile social networking service accessible on low-end phones.
Myriad Updates leverages Myriad’s leading mobile social networking platform and self-care systems to power services for Tier 1 operators around the world.
Under the Info2cell.com brand, Myriad will manage and power Info2Cell’s entire mobile social networking offering, enabling deployment within weeks.
This will enable Info2cell.com to focus on launching its new service among its 40-strong network of mobile operator customers, rather than being burdened with technical integration and rollout.
“Adoption of social networking in the MENA region is growing at an exponential rate. In order to keep pace with market demands, we needed a partner that would enable us to quickly deliver mobile social networking capabilities on a massive scale across multiple device segments,” said Bashar Dahabra, co-founder and CEO of Info2Cell.
“Myriad has allowed us to seamlessly integrate social networking services into our overall offering with minimal technical challenges, while enabling us to quickly capitalize on this growing phenomenon and better serve our operator customers’ needs.”
The new partnership enables operators to have the opportunity to monetize data services in a new way that is complementary to their existing data offerings, but is open to all subscribers, making mobile social networking accessible to mass-market mobile phone and non-data users throughout the entire Mena region.
“This is a landmark partnership and a real milestone for Myriad. Because of Info2Cell’s extensive relationships in the Mena region, we have the opportunity to rollout our mobile social networking services on an unprecedented scale,” said Simon Wilkinson, CEO or Myriad.
“This not only further reinforces our leadership in mobile social networking, it also dramatically increases our footprint in what is an exciting, fast growing marketplace.”
“It pushes our exclusive addressable market to over 300 million mobile users. We look forward to working with Info2Cell to further evolve its offering, while driving mobile social networking in the Mena region,” Wilkinson concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum