Nokia Siemens Networks forms Saudi JV
Riyadh, May 22, 2011
Nokia Siemens Networks, a leading global enabler of telecoms services, has partnered with Al Sarya Telecommunications Company and Belal Company, to establish a joint-venture company in Saudi Arabia.
The aim of Nokia Siemens Networks Al Saudia is to develop local market opportunities in the telecommunication services sector by enabling operators to optimise their networks.
“Creating this joint venture is an important step in our strategy to further grow our business in Saudi Arabia,” stated Dr Talal Al-Ghazzawi, chairman of Nokia Siemens Networks al Saudia Ltd.
Under the terms of the joint-venture, NSN Saudi will be offering operators four distinct services:
• network implementation services including those for fixed, mobile and IP technologies;
• business solutions services supporting operators in addressing their network operation challenges and improving their performance through consulting integration services;
• managed services to improve efficiency and operational performance and;
• care services, providing the best hardware and software maintenance services for optimal network performance.
“This is a major milestone for Nokia Siemens Networks as it looks to expand its footprint within Saudi Arabia where it has been working with all major operators. The new JV ensures operational efficiency and provides the right platform to provide our clients with world-class services. This strategic partnership should allow us to pursue new directions such as the possibility of offering multi-vendor services and will unlock fresh revenue streams,” added Jorg Erlemeier, head of Middle East region for Nokia Siemens Networks.
The new venture will be led by Ali Damiri as the executive director. Ali brings with him over 25 years of international experience. Prior to this position, Ali was Head of Nokia Siemens Networks for Saudi, the Levant and Iran Sub-Region covering six countries.
Together with the signing of this new venture, Nokia Siemens Networks al Saudia is hosting a Saudi Industry Seminar 2011 today, entitled: “Shaping the Communications Industry in the Kingdom.'-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch