Nokia to launch first Window phone this year
Taipei, May 25, 2011
Nokia plans to launch its first smartphone using Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 at the end of the year, according to Taiwan's Commercial Times, which did not identify a source.
The newspaper also said Taiwanese handset contract maker Compal Communications was the sole company to receive orders for Nokia's Window phones and would start shipment in the fourth quarter.
Two models of Window phones were on Nokia's plan -- one with a full touch screen and another sleek one with a keypad.
The world's largest handset maker announced in February it would use Microsoft's Windows phone software in all of its smartphones, and said it would start volume shipments of these smartphones in 2012. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends