Batelco seals Riffa Views deal
Manama, June 7, 2011
Batelco has tied up with Riffa Views, Bahrain's premium golf residential development, to provide its residents with state-of-the-art communications services.
The agreement will see Batelco design, supply, install and commission a Fiber Network for advanced Triple Play solution based on GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Networks) technology.
GPON not only provides substantially higher efficiency as a transport network, but also delivers simplicity and superb scalability for future expansion in supporting additional services.
The state-of-the-art technology will provide telephony, internet, VPN (Virtual Private Network) and IPTV capability for all residents of Riffa Views.
The announcement demonstrates Batelco’s position as a provider of cutting edge services for the consumer and business sectors. Batelco has a proven track record in delivering integrated business communication solutions and one-stop-shop convenience.
Rashid Abdulla, Batelco CEO Bahrain and Yasser Abdulrahman Al Raee, Riffa Views managing director, signed the deal at a ceremony held in the Royal Golf Club.
“We are very pleased to sign this significant agreement with Riffa Views which provides us with an excellent opportunity to showcase our world class integrated solutions,” remarked Abdulla.
“The completion of the project will ensure that residents of the iconic housing development are amongst the best connected in the Kingdom of Bahrain,” he added.
Al Raee said the agreement with Batelco will help facilitate the provision of cutting edge triple play services at a competitive price for the residents of Riffa Views.
"Homeowners will benefit from a state-of-the-art technology that offers reliable high-speed internet, telephony and video. Residents will only have to interact with one communications provider for the provision of these services and we trust this will enhance their customer experience.”
“This agreement represents the fulfillment of a commitment made at the outset of the project to the homeowners of Riffa Views,” said Raee.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network