Zain inks University of Bahrain deal
Manama, June 13, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain said it has inked a partnership deal with the University of Bahrain to develop its academic work and open new horizons for the students.
Under the deal, Zain Bahrain will pay BD49,000 ($129,963) annually for development of the Zain e-Learning Center at Sakhir campus as well as renting two locations for the installation of two communication towers.
The move comes as part of Zain Bahrain's e-Learning initiative, said a company statement.
The two parties also pledged to develop this agreement in a way that could serve the community, it added.
University of Bahrain president Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi said Zain Bahrain is considered as one of the most important institutions that we are proud of its partnership in this national university.
'The company has, over the past years, contributed to many activities including finance for establishment of the Zain e-Learning Center, which transforms studying courses into electronic ones,' said Janahi, adding that this change is the future trend for many universities across the globe.
Zain Bahrain GM Mohammed Zainalabedin said the company always seeks the channels that develop the society at all levels, and there is no better place than the university in this regard.
“Zain Bahrain has employed many University of Bahrain graduates in its different departments, and the company is proud of their advanced performance,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase