Gosi, Mobily team up for business park
Riyadh, June 15, 2011
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), Saudi Arabia’s leading mobile operator, has signed an agreement with the General Organisation for Social Insurance (Gosi) for the management of its telecom infrastructure.
The investment by Gosi in Wahat Ghurnatah comes as part of the government agency’s overall strategy in growing and diversifying its investments so as to generate revenues meeting its obligations towards the public, a statement said.
As part of the agreement, Mobily will offer services such as IPTV, Ethernet VPN (L2), IP VPN (L3), and direct Internet access.
“We chose our partner carefully and we chose Mobily, and Mobily is a company known for providing products and services that satisfy customers,” said Abdulaziz Al Zaid, deputy governor for investment at Gosi.
“With Mobily on board, businesses and people living at the business park will have access to the latest, state of the art services,” he added.
Dr Marwan Alahmadi, Mobily’s chief business officer, said: “We are excited about our agreement with Gosi, and are proud to have been entrusted by this great national organization to deliver infrastructure for this mega business park.”
“I believe that our extensive portfolio of secure, reliable and robust infrastructure and our wealth of experience will add value to the Wahat Ghurnatah business park, and will give the residents there access to the latest products and services,” he added.
Dr Alahmadi further pointed out that due to fierce competition in the real estate segment of the telecommunications market in the Kingdom, operators were looking at providing more innovative, higher value, converged and more efficient business solutions.
“Mobily can deliver solutions at this level and this why we have been able to sign exclusive agreements with a number of real estate developers,” he said.
Wahat Ghurnatah, a mega business park being financed and built by Gosi on the outskirts of Riyadh at an overall cost of SR1.525 billion ($406 million), occupies 133,151 sq m of land. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m