Du, Verizon ink data services deal
Dubai, June 20, 2011
Du, the UAE’s integrated telecom service provider, has signed a services agreement with the US-based Verizon to offer a comprehensive suite of managed services in the country.
The services to be offered to Dubai-based global enterprise customers include Private Internet Protocol (PIP), Ethernet Private Line Service (EPL) and Ethernet Virtual Private Line service (EVPL).
The agreement will give du access to Verizon’s global Private IP network enabling du to offer large business customers in the region a complete suite of enterprise IP, Ethernet and data services.
“Today, all large businesses, especially in the region, have a myriad of global communication needs,” said Farid Faraidooni, du chief commercial officer.
'Our strategic visionary agreement with Verizon will provide a strong and diversified reach to all Verizon global Private IP network locations using Multi-Protocol Label Switching technology.'
'Those locations include the US, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and several others, which gives our customers a truly global network they can rely on. With this partnership, our business customers will gain enhanced end-to-end coverage for their current Global IP VPN and Global Ethernet product,' he explained.
The deal is set to provide many industry leading capabilities and reliability including high speed user connectivity in major markets, 60+ Ethernet Access Partners, eight-way mesh diversity on trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific routes and more direct routes with lower latency including direct connectivity from Dubai to the US and Europe.
Du had first launched its Global MPLS and Ethernet services a year ago in partnership with other service providers.
Clive Batchelor, Verizon Global Wholesale Services regional development executive for the Middle East, and Africa, said, 'The agreement gives Verizon the opportunity to be the preferred service provider for US and Europe-based connectivity for du customers.'
'We also will offer du multiple classes of service supporting the ’Global Class of Service’ initiative which Verizon is known for around the world,' he added.
The Verizon global Private IP network consists of more than 852 edge routers with service to over 130 countries and territories. It has three Private IP nodes in the UAE and provides multinational customers Private IP capabilities across the Middle East.
Verizon also participates in more than 80 submarine cable networks around the world including the recently activated Europe India Gateway cable system, SEA-ME-WE4 and SEA-ME-WE3 (Southeast Asia-Middle East-Western Europe), said Batchelor.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion