Bahrain 'best for telecom providers'
Manama , June 21, 2011
Baharin is the Arab region's most vibrant country for the telecom industry to develop and flourish, according to an industry expert.
Middle East business head of telecommunications consultancy Intercai David Hughes said the pace at which the industry had grown had taken the whole region by storm.
"This is leading to newer and newer technologies; and operators offering the most revolutionary of services," said Hughes.
Speaking on the sidelines of the MEET ICT Bahrain 2011, he said the innovations have also led to more and better content being available on "smartphones" and other hand-held devices people have increasingly begun to use.
"More than the telecom providers, it is Bahrain's Telecommunication Regulatory Authority that is playing a leading role in ensuring the right technologies reach the right people," he said.
"They have taken steps and clamped down on content abuse and issues related to children getting exposed to it," Hughes added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions