Egypt mobile phone April subscriptions up 27pc
Cairo, June 29, 2011
The number of mobile phone subscriptions in Egypt rose to 74.58 million in April, up 27 per cent year-on-year, government figures showed on Wednesday.
In April 2010, Egypt's three mobile operators -- Etisalat Egypt , Mobinil and Vodafone's unit in Egypt -- had 58.67 million subscriptions.
Egypt is the Arab world's most populous country, with about 80 million people. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet