IT spend to jump 7.1pc in 2011
New York, June 30, 2011
Information technology spending this year will grow faster than previously forecast, boosted by strong demand for new telecom gear and for computing hardware, research firm Gartner said on Thursday.
Gartner said it now sees the global IT market growing 7.1 percent this year to $3.672 trillion. It had earlier forecast 5.6 percent growth this year.
The IT services segment, led by IBM , HP and Fujitsu , will see growth accelerating from the previous year, with the market growing 6.6 percent to $846 billion, Gartner said. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi