IT spend to jump 7.1pc in 2011
New York, June 30, 2011
Information technology spending this year will grow faster than previously forecast, boosted by strong demand for new telecom gear and for computing hardware, research firm Gartner said on Thursday.
Gartner said it now sees the global IT market growing 7.1 percent this year to $3.672 trillion. It had earlier forecast 5.6 percent growth this year.
The IT services segment, led by IBM , HP and Fujitsu , will see growth accelerating from the previous year, with the market growing 6.6 percent to $846 billion, Gartner said. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'