Batelco, Gulf Air in benefits tie-up
Manama, July 3, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, Gulf Air, the kingdom’s national airline, have signed strategic partnership aimed at benefiting their customers.
Batelco’s Al Dana Club members will be provided with Gulf Air Silver Frequent Flyer cards to accumulate Frequent Flyer miles when they pay their Batelco bills.
These miles can then be used towards payment for buying tickets to travel on Gulf Air to any of its destinations all over the world.
Gulf Air’s Gold Frequent flyer members, who are Batelco users, will be provided with special offers from Batelco on postpaid, smartphone and broadband packages exclusively, a statement said.
Al Dana Club is Batelco’s exclusive customer relationship programme for residential customers who meet a number of set requirements based on long term loyalty to Batelco’s products and services.
“We are very pleased to enter into this agreement with Gulf Air to deliver free Frequent Flyer cards and miles to our customers,” said Ahmed Al Janahi, Batelco Group general manager Media Relations.
Gulf Air chief commercial officer Karim Makhlouf said: “With the Gulf Air Silver Card Frequent Flyer membership, Batelco customers can start earning miles that can be exchanged for a number of benefits with Gulf Air including free flights, upgrades, lounge access and excess baggage.”
“We are looking forward to a fruitful long-term relationship with our country’s leading telecom services provider.”
“The Gulf Air Frequent Flyer programme is one of the popular Frequent Flyer programmes that offer generous benefits and incentives to loyal customers. The Gulf Air Frequent Flyer programme already has over 800,000 members, “added Makhlouf. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m