TRA pat for Bahrain telecom operators
Manama, July 4, 2011
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has given the mobile operators in Bahrain - Batelco, Viva and Zain - a thumbs up in its first mobile quality of service report for the Kingdom.
The audit which was performed by Directique, an independent consulting firm, during October identified that all three mobile operators were achieving good performances compared with benchmarked mobile operators in other markets including the UAE, France and Germany.
The evaluation included the following mobile services: Voice, SMS and MMS, email and data services over computer and smartphone and was performed with a method designed to gather a faithful qualitative record of the end user's point of view.
This quality of service report follows and complements a mobile coverage audit published by TRA last month based on 87,683 individual test calls.
'The result of the audits clearly indicate that mobile operators are putting a lot of efforts to comply with their licence conditions and also to provide consumers with state-of-the-art mobile services and satisfy their needs,' said TRA technical operations director Mohammed Mahmood.
'The TRA is satisfied that consumers are enjoying a wide range of mobile telecommunications services with good levels of coverage and quality. It will continue to closely monitor the evolution of the mobile quality of service,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services