Du connects tower with telecom services
Dubai, July 5, 2011
Du, a leading telecom operator in the UAE, recently connected the world’s current highest residential tower, The Torch Dubai Marina, with its advanced telecom services.
The Torch Dubai Marina, the current high-rise residential building in the world was connected within a span of 135 hours, a statement said.
The 84-floor, standing at 345metres (1132feet) with 687 apartments, utilised 1,346 metres of optical fibre cables.
The multi-storey building, that is covered with du’s enhanced home services portfolio comprising of fixed telephony; du TV; du TV+ and Internet, provides residents with seamless connectivity and capabilities for an enhanced user experience.
“We are proud to connect another UAE landmark with our highly advanced fibre network. This iconic achievement is yet another impressive accolade added to our incredible portfolio,” said Hatem Bamatraf, SVP Network Development, du.
“Implementing The Torch Dubai Marina with our services is yet another significant accomplishment for us. Now, people who live in or visit the building will enjoy our superior and seamless network connectivity in every capacity available,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network