Suhail Bahwan adopts Fortinet solution
Muscat, July 24, 2011
Suhail Bahwan Automobiles, a leading automobile dealer in Oman, has implemented FortiGate solution to improve internal network security segmentation and policy control, in line with ISO 27001 framework, a statement said.
The solution is provided by Fortinet, a leading network security provider and a world leader in unified threat management (UTM) solutions.
The company has deployed one Fortigate-310B at its head office primarily for perimeter firewalling, anti-spam and anti-virus, and 16 FortiGate-50B devices at its branches for web filtering and VPN connectivity with the head office, the statement said.
“We selected Fortinet because it is recognised as the leading UTM vendor and provides an effective all-in-one solution,” said Shashank Ghatpande, CIO at Suhail Bahwan Automobiles.
“We wanted to ensure our defenses are up to date and are tuned to respond to today’s newest attacks and to the most pressing vulnerabilities. With the Fortinet solution deployed across the company’s network, I am now confident that the threat of information leakage within and outside the organization is highly minimised with minimal management.”
The Fortinet solution, implemented by Bahwan IT, Fortinet’s Gold partner in Oman, replaced the previous Cisco PIX one and currently secures 600 users over multiple sites. The FortiGate-310B integrated multi-threat network security appliance, deployed at the head office, delivers the best price/performance ratio in its class with firewall/VPN speeds that rival other entry point high-end enterprise products at a significantly lower price, the statement said.
On the other hand, the Fortigate-50B appliance is ideally suited for branch offices, offering a full suite of security services and high performance in one hardened platform. In addition to FortiGate, Suhail Bahwan Automobiles deployed FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer to centrally manage and monitor its network security activities.
The Fortinet solution meets the requirement of the Suhail Bahwan Automobiles in terms of security, as it offers superior protection against threats such as UM/P2P traffic, phishing and pharming and other sophisticated blended threats. Moreover, the solution delivers low total cost of ownership thanks to its simplified management and maintenance.
Bashar Bashaireh, Middle East regional director at Fortinet, said: “FortiGate provides powerful network security protection that is easy to operate, ensuring smooth implementation and expediting the knowledge transfer for Suhail Bahwan Automobiles. We have been gaining solid ground in key markets across the Middle East and the successful implementation at leading business organisations such as Suhail Bahwan Automobiles validates the reputation of Fortinet as the network security solutions provider of choice in the region.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services