Qtel extends popular roaming service
Doha, August 8, 2011
Qatar Telecom (Qtel), the leading telecom service provider in Qatar, is now offering its SmartRoamer service, which provides some of the most competitive roaming rates in the region, to all Qtel customers.
When launched, the SmartRoamer service was available for Shahry customers, who were able to enjoy competitive roaming rates when they travelled.
Hala and Control customers can now make local calls for QR1 ($0.27) per minute in every country in the GCC, and can call Qatar for just QR2 per minute. The same great rate applies for customers calling any other GCC country from within the GCC.
In the region, the service is available in Bahrain with Batelco, Viva and Zain networks, while in Kuwait it can be accessed on Wataniya, Zain and Viva.
Qtel customers in Oman can use the SmartRoamer service on Nawras and Omantel; travellers in Saudi Arabia can access it on Mobily, STC, and Zain; and in the UAE, SmartRoamer is accessible on du and Etisalat.
With a wide range of network partners, and automatic access from the moment a Qtel customer steps off the airplane, without the need to activate or subscribe, SmartRoamer offers great value and complete convenience, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying