Qtel extends popular roaming service
Doha, August 8, 2011
Qatar Telecom (Qtel), the leading telecom service provider in Qatar, is now offering its SmartRoamer service, which provides some of the most competitive roaming rates in the region, to all Qtel customers.
When launched, the SmartRoamer service was available for Shahry customers, who were able to enjoy competitive roaming rates when they travelled.
Hala and Control customers can now make local calls for QR1 ($0.27) per minute in every country in the GCC, and can call Qatar for just QR2 per minute. The same great rate applies for customers calling any other GCC country from within the GCC.
In the region, the service is available in Bahrain with Batelco, Viva and Zain networks, while in Kuwait it can be accessed on Wataniya, Zain and Viva.
Qtel customers in Oman can use the SmartRoamer service on Nawras and Omantel; travellers in Saudi Arabia can access it on Mobily, STC, and Zain; and in the UAE, SmartRoamer is accessible on du and Etisalat.
With a wide range of network partners, and automatic access from the moment a Qtel customer steps off the airplane, without the need to activate or subscribe, SmartRoamer offers great value and complete convenience, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution