UAE's IT sector, major market for Canon
Dubai, August 10, 2011
Driven by a sustained increase in expenditure on IT products and services, which is estimated to reach $3.5 billion in 2011, the UAE has emerged as one of the most lucrative markets for Canon’s intelligent document management solutions.
The UAE now ranks 24th in the world and number one in the Arab region in its use of information and communication technologies (ICT), according to the Global Information Technology Report 2010-2011, Transformations 2.0, released by the World Economic Forum.
In particular, UAE businesses are aggressively investing in solutions to address a variety of document-related security threats, which are now a growing concern in various office environments. Canon has developed solutions such as the uniFLOW V5 to enable companies to effectively address these security issues and help streamline the entire document management process.
Canon Middle East has been focusing on helping organisations to safeguard business data and information around the MFDs, and complete their DLP infrastructure. For example Canon’s uniFLOW V5 solution, uses keyword recognition technology to automatically classify the data in a document and decide how it should be handled. It enables organizations to apply existing IDLP policies and controls to their MFDs to prevent or detect information leaks.
“Effective document management tools are essential in any business environment, particularly in this new era of rapid business growth and development. With the UAE being a major business hub in the region, offices across the country are particularly feeling the pressure with the increasing volumes of documents being processed every day and the growing need for effective and efficient document management capabilities.
Canon’s uniFLOW V5, which incorporates IDLP to the entire document management chain, serves as an ideal solution to address these emerging office challenges as it empowers all areas of the business to use document-based information more efficiently. With the eagerness of UAE-based companies to invest in reliable and secure IT-based solutions, the UAE certainly serves as one of the most lucrative destinations for Canon’s premium range of intelligent document management solutions,” said Naoshi Yamada, deputy managing director, Canon Middle East. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit