Batelco adds operators to roaming scheme
Manama, August 23, 2011
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom provider, has added a number of new international operators as part of its Unified Local Data Roaming Rates scheme.
International Roaming can cost between BD5 ($13.26) and BD7 per megabyte but under Batelco’s local unified rates, customers only pay BD0.6 per megabyte when they roam with the designated international operators.
Batelco introduced Unified Roaming Rates in 2009 for data roaming in a number of regional countries. The original line-up included Saudi Arabia (AlJawal & Mobily), UAE (Etisalat & du), Qatar (Qtel), Kuwait (Wataniya & Viva), Oman (Nawras), Egypt (Mobinil), Jordan (Umniah) and Yemen (Sabafon).
Now in this new delivery which will be a massive benefit for Batelco’s customers, Batelco has extended its line-up of operators to include providers outside of the GCC and Arab region.
The new operators are O2 (UK), Moviles Espana (Spain), O2 (Czech Republic) and O2 (Ireland).
Batelco Group general manger Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that the addition of these new international locations was fantastic news for Batelco’s customers and would make a huge difference by saving them money.
“The unified data roaming local rates are a boon for the business sector allowing business executives to keep in touch with their colleagues in Bahrain in a very cost effective manner by using their Blackberry or Smartphone devices at Bahrain local data rates while they are on business travel throughout all GCC, selected Arab Countries and the new international locations.”
“The unified rates also benefit tourists from Bahrain who can share all the fun of their visits to these locations by sending photos and video clips to their loved ones at home without having to worry about running up high roaming bills,” he added.
Batelco’s customers may also download information, browse the net and send/receive emails at the unified rates, on their laptops or any PC, by using Batelco O-net devices. Information about the variety of O-net devices and packages can be found on Batelco’s website batelco.com.
Batelco has agreements with more than 450 operators worldwide for all services, the largest network of any telecommunications company in Bahrain. The full list of operators and their locations is available on Batelco’s website.
“Demand for lower international data roaming rates has been requested by many of our customers and we are delighted to have been able to cooperate with some of our international roaming partners to respond to this need,” Al Janahi.
“Batelco is committed to delivering a world class experience for its customers no matter where they roam and will continue to work to deliver the best deals for our customers,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement