Aabar ties up with Korean firm for Hynix bid
Seoul, August 25, 2011
Abu Dhabi state-owned fund Aabar has teamed up with South Korea's STX Corporation to bid for the world's No. 2 memory chipmaker Hynix Semiconductor, a source said.
'Aabar is fine-tuning investment details with STX and three or four small funds will come along with it,' the source revealed on Wednesday.
The Aabar-STX collaboration comes as the sale of Hynix is in doubt with shareholders yet to agree bid structure.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying