UAE IT distributor in key stake sale
Dubai, September 7, 2011
Octagon International, one of the fastest-growing IT distributors in the UAE, said it has sold a majority share to a consortium of private equity investors in a multi-million dollar transaction.
Dubai-based Octagon deals in leading brands such as HP, Dell, Xerox and Samsung and has a large channel base of over 300 distribution partners spread across 30 countries in the Middle East and Africa, said a top official.
"This deal represents one of the largest private equity investments in the UAE’s IT distribution industry over the past several years and signals a return of confidence to a sector battling to revert to profitability following a period of sustained market turbulence," Sukant Mishra, CEO of Octagon.
"This transaction has provided a great boost to Octagon and demonstrates a solid endorsement of our business model, industry leadership and financial strength," he stated.
“The injection of additional capital into the company will allow us to further expand during such challenging times for the IT industry," Mishra noted.
"Looking forward, we are exploring possibilities of acquiring additional distribution rights as well as investing into service capabilities," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution