Batelco launches new in-flight roaming service
Manama, September 13, 2011
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom provider, is now offering in-flight voice and data services for its customers in cooperation with the leading providers of in-flight communications.
“We live in a rapidly changing world due to the evolution of technologies that enable always-on telecommunication with each other,” said Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi.
“At Batelco we continuously develop new services to meet customers’ expectations for the newest emerging products and services,” he added.
Now all passengers are able to use their own portable electronic devices including laptops, mobile phones, smartphones and PDAs (personal digital assistants) as well as the airlines’ in-seat equipment, to communicate in flight, just as they do on the ground, Batelco said in a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends