Batelco to launch broadband TV
Manama, September 17, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has announced that Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) will soon be available for Broadband customers in two newly developed areas.
IPTV is arguably the most innovative product to be delivered for residents of the Kingdom for some time and is expected to change customers’ life style when it comes to watching TV, said a senior official.
“The delivery of digital television channels via our Broadband lines enables Batelco to offer superb advanced interactive services with a wide range of channels and additional benefits including Video on Demand content in full HD (High Definition),” remarked Batelco Bahrain chief executive Rashid Abdulla.
Abdulla said he was thrilled to see Batelco once again pioneering a unique and innovative product for its customers.
Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision, one of the leading innovative companies in the Interactive TV technologies market. It will continue developing the service as it prepares to extend the service to more areas and additional subscribers.
“Among the key features of the new IPTV service is user friendliness, as customers can watch whatever they want, whenever they want and enjoy a wide variety of content on a single Set Top Box,” he noted.
Batelco’s IPTV service will be capable of delivering comprehensive content with FTA (Free to Air) channels and all subscription-based bouquets such as Orbit Showtime Network, Abu Dhabi and more to come soon.
'In addition, a free Video on Demand (VOD) library will offer approximately up to 200 movies, series, documentaries etc., with monthly updates to the programme menu,' said Abdulla.
'Moreover, the latest movies will be available in the comfort of your own home with a single click at very affordable prices through transactional VOD,' he noted.
'Customers will be able to search for content by actor, director, key words, viewers’ ratings and mostly watched shows,' he added.
Furthermore, IPTV also offers subscribers special features such as TV On Demand, Time Shift, Personal Video Recording, and Advanced Interactive Electronic Programme Guide. Such excellent features will allow viewers to watch programmes that are up to one week old from a selection of channels and have the full control to rewind, forward or stop any channel at any time and come back to watch it later.
“With IPTV, Batelco will offer high quality entertainment to Bahrain’s residents. Whether you are a sports fan, a movie buff or hooked on Series or 24 hour news from around the world, our Broadband IPTV service is certain to meet your very specific demands,” said Abdulla.
'Batelco subscribers in Reef Island can visit any Batelco Retail Shop to sign up for IPTV today, to get connected to a whole new world of viewing pleasure,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch