Telecom Egypt owed $21m by card providers
Cairo, September 28, 2011
Landline-monopoly Telecom Egypt said on Wednesday it was owed 128 million Egyptian pounds ($21.5 million) by telecommunications companies providing pre-paid card services.
Telecom Egypt issued a statement after some news reports put the figure at 2.5 billion pounds.
It has filed a complaint to the telecommunications regulatory authority concerning the matter, the statement said. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence