Trend Micro offers new partner programme
Dubai, October 2, 2011
Trend Micro, a global cloud security leader, today announced an aggressive new partner programme.
The programme focuses on rewarding proactivity, driving new business and customer retention, delivering greater rewards and reviewing partners who are underperforming, a statement said.
Despite tough economic times, industry analysts including Gartner, IDC and Forrester recognise that the internet security sector has posted year-on-year growth, and that the growth is forecast to continue.
Further in-depth research by Trend Micro, conducted with its extensive partner network and across the wider channel, has clearly shown that this sector represents a significant revenue opportunity for partners selling both traditional and cloud computing security solutions, it said.
Yet the research has also shown that the rapid pace of change in this industry is exposing weakness across some parts of the channel. Many partners are relying too heavily on easy repeat business, rather than working proactively to hunt and farm opportunities within existing and new customers, said the company.
“We are excited by Trend Micro’s new partner program. It gives us the freedom to operate with intent and the crucial vendor support from Trend, is among the best in the industry. The company has robust cloud offerings and the new initiatives from them will help us get Trend products and solutions out to a wider audience,” commented Saurabh Vats - BDM at Imtac Oman.
The re-launch of the Partner Programme comes at a time when Trend Micro is achieving its highest growth against competition in the Internet Security sector and has been rated number one leader in the Virtualization Security market, according to Technavio’s Global Virtualization Security Management Solutions Citation.
“Our channel eco-system play a crucial role in making our products and solutions widely available and our new channel initiatives are designed to empower and make them profitable,” commented Sushma Kajaria, Channel Development Manager, Trend Micro, MMEA.
“If our partners work with us to develop profitable, sustainable business, we will reward it with training, certification, specialisation, business planning, and marketing tools, as well as very competitive margins. We give our partners the only Programme in the industry that goes beyond traditional anti-virus business and plugs them straight into the rapidly expanding cloud security and virtualization markets. Underperformance is no longer an option,” added Kajaria. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion