Etisalat 'to brings future of telecom at Gitex'
Abu Dhabi, October 8, 2011
UAE's leading telecom operator Etisalat said it aims to bring the future of telecom to ‘Gitex Technology Week’ being held at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Unveling the details of its participation at the ‘Gitex which runs from October 9 to 13, said Etisalat’s presence at the event will be marked with launches of innovative services, new business partnerships and strategic ICT solutions that will drive technology advances in the region.
Matthew Willsher, chief marketing officer said, "Etisalat’s participation and theme this year reinforces our commitment to implement futuristic services with underlined benefits of uninterrupted mobility and connectivity."
"Our focus is to provide customers with a first-hand experience of advanced technologies that Etisalat is making a reality today," said the official.
Themed under ‘Experience Your Tomorrow, Today’, Etisalat’s participation promises to bring customers closer to the possibilities of the future.
"As the largest exhibitor, Etisalat’s thematic stand showcases the company’s innovative telecom services that cater to its customers’ ever-changing lifestyles."
"The theme is cohesively reflected in all the three areas of Etisalat’s participation: GulfComms exhibition at the Zabeel Hall (stand ZA1), Gitex Shopper and GulfComms conference," he added.
Etisalat’s interactive stand features simulated digital home experience through Etisalat’s eLife services, based on the advanced FTTH (Fiber-to-the-home) platform, said a Etisalat statement.
Etisalat will demonstrate its OnWeb and IPTV services that open up endless possibilities for home entertainment, through high speed broadband, it stated.
The mobile broadband zone showcases the capabilities of next generation mobile networks with a special focus on the Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, it added.
Customers can enjoy a first-hand experience of the 4G super speeds of 100MBps while streaming high definition movies, playing online multiplayer games, using social applications and other bandwidth-intensive applications.
The entertainment zone demonstrates Etisalat’s mobile gaming, entertainment portal, music store, apps store and more.
Etisalat Portal music allows customers to download full track music on their computers and mobile phones from a choice of millions of songs from reputed record labels. The exhibition also features XGames, creating the most comprehensive gaming community in the Middle East.
Willsher will deliver a keynote that will focus on “Bigger, Better, Faster – The Future of Telecoms in the Gulf” at the Gitex Telecom Symposium, the statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution