Etisalat Information Services launches tourism app
Dubai, October 12, 2011
Etisalat Information Services (eIS) today presented its new solutions for tourism and business travelers: the Wayfinder Kiosk, an information application on the eHospitality platform, at the Gitex Technology Week in Dubai.
The Wayfinder kiosk is a device which can be installed in public areas and aims to provide more convenience for visitors by helping them to identify points of interest in the city, while empowering them to manage their own itinerary and discover new places, a statement from the company said.
Rashid Al Naqbi, general manager, eIS, said: “These devices are the ideal way to provide customers with a simple method of finding their way to a destination as quickly as possible; a simple-to-use interface means that people can find what or where they are looking for, quickly and easily.”
The solution can also be used as a device to provide advertising and digital concierge information, by directing guests to locations as well as booking reservations for a certain venue or providing telephone contact details for a venue.
The second solution presented by eIS at Gitex is the information application on eHospitality platform, which will be part of an IPTV solution, the statement said.
Through this application a list of categories are displayed for the user to select, such as restaurants and shops. After which a list of the subcategories are made available.
Once the user selects a subcategory, additional information and actions can be facilitated which include restaurant menus, calling the restaurant directly from the interactive screen using IP telephony, restaurant’s contact information and GPS coordinates, and a location map.
“These new products from eIS cater to the requirements of the UAE hospitality industry, one of the key growth industries in the UAE. These products are proof of our commitment in providing services beyond directories and venturing into providing value-added solutions,” concluded Al Naqbi.
Etisalat Information Services is a member of the prestigious Local Search Association (formerly Yellow Pages Association) which is the largest international organisation of print, digital, mobile and social media publishers, the statement said.
The company continues to provide its wide portfolio of services which include: Printed White Pages and Yellow Pages, iPhone Yellow Pages application and Internet Yellow Pages, which can be accessed worldwide through the internet or by using any type of mobile phone with 3G, GPRS or Wi-Fi capability, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion