Viva offers free trip chance for Man U fans
Manama, October 18, 2011
Viva Bahrain, an official partner of Manchester United, has announced the launch of the Manchester United SMS service alongside the “Win a Trip” campaign.
The campaign will give 40 customers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to win a trip to the “Theater of Dreams” in Old Trafford, and watch their team live in action, a statement from the telecommunication company said.
The SMS service will enable eager fans to receive live match updates, instant scores, as well as live text commentary and upcoming fixtures in real time.
Subscribers to the service will enter 4 draws throughout the season, and 10 winners will be selected at each draw to fly to Manchester and attend a match that is fully paid by Viva.
“Our continued partnership with Manchester United helps us bring exceptional benefits to our customers,” said Andrew Hanna, Viva CCO. “This service ensures they will receive real time updates on the club and gives them an amazing chance to live their dream and attend an exciting match at Old Trafford.”
All Viva customers who want to avail of the Manchester United SMS Service should send an SMS to the telecommunications company. The service costs 500 fils per week and offers an unlimited amount of news and updates straight from the club, the statement said.
With a rich history of more than 130 years of glorious achievements and fans of around 333 million, Manchester United has an estimated 14 million fans in the Middle East and operates a very successful Arabic version of its official website.
Viva’s partnership with the club brings it closer to its fans and makes their dreams of watching the team play in Old Trafford a reality, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum