Microsoft expands its application platform
Dubai, October 18, 2011
Microsoft Gulf, in partnership with Prototype, a UAE-based full service digital agency, has released customer-built applications to benefit Windows phone users.
Prototype, which helps brands develop online marketing, web development and mobile solution strategies in the UAE, said the applications are available free of charge on Marketplace and are meant to make life easier for users.
The new applications include the Time Out Dubai Restaurant application with Time Out reviews, search, and an 'inspire me' screen to show restaurants for randomly selected criteria.
The Aramex Application allows users to easily track and engage with the courier process so they can keep track of their shipment requests.
The mParc application is a fast-growing favorite and allows the user to automate data-entry for Dubai’s paid parking locations.
The application then assembles the information into an SMS and allows the user to send. mParc is native only to Mango phone software and allows users to easily park their cars without worrying about the hassle of renewing their paid parking.
Microsoft is working on a number of additional applications to support Windows Phone users in their day-to-day life. All applications can be found on the Windows Marketplace for free download.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio