Viva launches Asian content portals
Manama, October 23, 2011
Viva Bahrain, a leading telecom service provider, has expanded its WAP portal, VivaLand, to include an extensive array of downloadable Malayalam, Bengali and Bollywood content.
The content includes ringtones, polytones, movie clips, wallpapers, animations and full length songs.
The portals, which can be accessed from feature phones and BlackBerrys that support WAP, are free to access and browse, while download charges start at BD0.1 ($0.26) per item.
The service requires no subscription and is available to both postpaid and prepaid customers, allowing them to revisit their favorite films, download the latest musical hits, and customize their phones to reflect their tastes.
“It is an important tenet of our work to cater to all our customers’ individual tastes and needs,” said Andrew Hanna, Viva CCO.
“Bahrain’s expat community is sizable and we’re proud to offer them this customized service,” he added. “Value-added services like this one are a big draw for customers both within our network and those looking to port in.”
The portals can be accessed through a mobile phone’s browser at wap.viva.com.bh. Some of the services also currently offered by VivaLand include a Manchester United portal, Viva TV and an Islamic content portal, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services