Etisalat unveils new Hajj roaming offer
Abu Dhabi, October 30, 2011
UAE's leading telecom operator Etisalat has announced the launch of a new voice and data roaming offer for its Hajj customers in Saudi Arabia.
As per the scheme, Etisalat customers who are roaming in Saudi will be able to receive international calls via “Mobily”, the Saudi operator, during the Hajj period for free, from October 30 to November 15.
This offer is automatically activated and requires no subscription. It is available for both prepaid and postpaid subscribers who have activated roaming previously, said a company statement.
Commenting on the service, Rashed Alabbar, vice president, Home Product Marketing at Etisalat, said: "This is the fourth year in a row that Etisalat has offered free international roaming for Etisalat customers going on their Hajj pilgrimage."
"It reflects Etisalat’s commitment to offer its valued customers the most convenient ways of communicating with friends and family when performing their rituals."
"This service is also aimed at enabling the pilgrims to share data and images with their friends and families," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates