Samsung launches ‘ChatON’ service
Dubai, November 2, 2011
Leading mobile phone provider, Samsung Electronics, has launched ChatON, a fun and free global communication service that allows users to communicate instantly with all Samsung users, in the Middle East.
The new service provides users with a simple way to communicate with friends and family anywhere in the world. It enables users to communicate in multiple ways, allowing multimedia content and animated messages, as well as more conventional instant messages, to be shared with friends and family.
Consumers in the Gulf can download ChatON for free through Samsung Apps or the Android Market and use it on various mobile devices, including Samsung Galaxy SII, a statement said.
“ChatON enables users of major mobile devices to enjoy easier and richer mobile communication free of cost, without limitations of platforms or location. As users in the Gulf are exposed to faster internet connectivity, a service like ChatON allows them to communicate instantly using feature-rich content in a cost-effective manner. Through its multi-platform support and global availability, the software heralds a new age of simple and feature-rich mobile communication,” said Ashraf Fawakherji, general manager of telecommunication group, Samsung Gulf Electronics.
A basic functionality option is available for feature phone users who prefer simple and easy usage. Feature phone users can share text, pictures, calendar, contacts and emotions through an easy-to-access web client.
Smartphone users can enjoy advanced feature options that enable richer communication by allowing them to see how often they communicate with their buddies using the ‘Interaction Rank’ feature and post comments on their profile pages, the statement said.
The ‘animation message’ feature in ChatON enables the creation and sharing of content by scribbling texts, adding audio and choosing background pictures. Additionally, each conversation window features a ‘Trunk’ that documents all multimedia items sent and received through the conversation. It also allows users to join and grow their social communities, socialising instantly and flexibly through their mobile device.
ChatON also offers an interactive experience at its microsite, where customers can enjoy an HD quality interactive movie experience called “Chataway”, involving making decisions for and choosing the lead character’s path. This film acts as a guide for ChatON, helping users to understand the software and how to use it, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite