Nokia launches Offers service
Dubai, November 10, 2011
Owners of Nokia’s range of smartphones can now benefit from the newly launched Nokia Maps Offers service, which provides real-time updates on available offers and promotions the UAE.
The application comes pre-loaded on all the latest Nokia smartphones.
By using the in-built maps and actual location recognition features on their handsets, Nokia users can see exactly the available promotions and offers around them with a single click.
The aim of Offers service is to help consumers find out about current promotions at the right time and in the place, and to direct them to the offer immediately by utilising pre-installed free drive and walk navigation of Nokia Maps.
Tom Farrell, general manager of Nokia Lower Gulf, said: “Nokia remains committed to continuously providing consumers with a better smartphone experience and a variety of options to ensure that they get the most out of their device. The Offers service will recognise Nokia users’ location automatically and display only the offers related to this location. Consumers can then interact with the offer in four ways after clicking on the banner. They can view full description of the offer, call the offer provider to book or check for more details, click to view website or even display offer on map and use Nokia Maps navigation to get there.”
“This is the latest Nokia value added service to be launched in the UAE which provides Nokia users with meaningful benefits and rewards while helping to connect people,” added Farrell.
The Nokia Maps Offers service is powered by Navteq, a leading global provider of location content in the form of maps, traffic and places data that enables navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch