Epicor appoints Mideast head
Dubai, November 19, 2011
Epicor Software Corporation, a leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, has appointed Anish Kanaran as regional director of the Middle East.
In his new role, Kanaran will be spearheading the expansion of Epicor’s presence across Middle East, Africa, Turkey and India by bolstering direct and channel sales, the company said in a statement.
A graduate in engineering and computer science, Kanaran brings over 17 years of regional experience, having worked for leading multinational IT corporations across a variety of product lines and verticals.
“Kanaran joins Epicor at a time when regional expansion into new markets and across verticals forms a major part of our business strategy. I am certain that his expertise and experience will add great value to the Epicor team,” said Basil Daniells, regional vice president for Epicor.
Prior to joining Epicor, he was responsible for Microsoft’s new business acquisitions in Saudi Arabia.
Kanaran also has a decade of experience in business development, channel management and sales of enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics, Orion, Baan, Intuitive and Sage.
“It is an honor to be joining the Epicor team,” said Kanaran. “Epicor has stood its ground as a leading business software solutions provider in the region offering reliable, cost-effective and scalable solutions to the business community. The company is now poised to take this to a new level, and I am glad to be shouldering the challenge.”
This is Kanaran’s second tenure at Epicor. From 2005 to 2008 Anish was Epicor’s Mena channel manager.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES