Batelco notifies temporary outage
Manama, November 20, 2011
Batelco has informed customers in the North Manama area that a temporary outage will take place on November 23 early morning, due to road works being carried out by the Ministry of Works on the North Manama Causeway.
All data services including MPLS and ADSL in the area will be affected, a statement from the telecommunications company said.
To support the ministry in their endeavours to upgrade the roads infrastructure, the company will divert its communications traffic between the hours of 12am and 5am.
The diversion work will take approximately 10 minutes, causing minimal disruption to services for Batelco’s customers, the statement said.
“We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused and appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our customers as we support the great work being carried out by the Ministry of Works to improve the roads networks for the Kingdom of Bahrain,” said Batelco Group general manager Ahmed Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft
- Axiom scoops retail award
- Sudan shelves telecom profit tax for 3 years
- Comguard, EnGenius to train UAE partners
- 43pc of UAE mobile customers using LBS
- Viva Bahrain wins top award
- Ashtead names new commercial director
- Mobily wins global honours