Batelco, Benefit participate in workshop
Manama, November 29, 2011
Senior management from Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider and Benefit, Bahrain’s Electronic Network for Financial Transactions, participated in a workshop, held at the company’s headquarters in Hamala recently.
Under discussion at the workshop were a number of topics aimed at enhancing the partnership already in place between the two companies and the development of services to provide the financial sector with additional value-added services over Batelco’s state-of-the-art IP network.
Batelco already provides services directly to financial companies and banks, and indirectly, via Benefit, including services such as MPLS IP-VPN, ICT services, mobility, bulk messaging, and internet, a statement from the company said.
Batelco chief executive, Rashid Abdulla, and Benefit chief executive, Abdulwahed Janahi, attended the workshop with senior management from both companies.
During the meeting, a number of initiatives that were planned to be implemented in the short term and long term were discussed, which both organisations will explore to ensure their potential added value, the statement said.
“We appreciated the opportunity to meet with the Benefit team in order to clarify a number of points and establish a relevant framework to work toward a more formal collaboration,” Janahi said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project